Our team is focused on developing well-rounded gymnasts who are dedicated to their sport and committed to their team. Our experienced coaching staff provides a supportive and challenging environment where gymnasts can thrive and reach their full potential.
Tryouts for the upcoming season will be held on April 1st at 9am. This is an exciting opportunity to showcase your skills and earn a spot on our team.
During the tryouts, our coaching staff will evaluate each gymnast’s skills, technique, and potential. We will be looking for athletes who demonstrate a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to learn and grow as a gymnast.
Our team competes in a variety of competitions throughout the year, including regional and national meets. We also prioritize the safety and well-being of our athletes, with a focus on injury prevention and proper technique.
Join us at The Foundry on April 1st at 9am for an opportunity to take your gymnastics skills to the next level and become part of our competitive gymnastics team. Please register online to secure your spot and receive additional information.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Requirements for Gymnasts
Competitive gymnastics for female athletes is a highly demanding sport that requires years of dedication, training, and commitment. There are several requirements that female gymnasts must meet in order to compete in official competitions.
- Age: Gymnasts must be at least 16 years old to compete in the Olympic Games, although some younger gymnasts may be eligible for other competitions. We have gymnastics opportunities for 6 years and older to compete at local and regional events.
- Skill level: Gymnasts must possess a high level of skill and proficiency in the four disciplines of artistic gymnastics – vault, uneven bars, balance beam, and floor exercise. They must be able to perform complex and difficult maneuvers, such as flips, twists, and handstands, with grace, precision, and control.
- Physical fitness: Gymnasts must be in excellent physical condition, with a high level of strength, flexibility, agility, and endurance. They must undergo rigorous training and conditioning programs to build and maintain their physical fitness.
- Proper attire: Gymnasts must wear appropriate clothing during competitions, such as leotards, warm-ups, leggings and proper hair maintenance. The attire should be comfortable, flexible, and allow for full range of motion.
- Competitions: Gymnasts must participate in various competitions throughout the year, such as local, regional and national championships, to qualify for international competitions. They must also follow the rules and regulations set forth by governing bodies, such as USA Gymnastics and the International Gymnastics Federation (FIG), to ensure fair and safe competition.
In addition to these requirements, female gymnasts must also possess mental toughness, discipline, and a strong work ethic to succeed in this challenging sport. They must be able to handle pressure, overcome setbacks, and constantly strive for improvement.